Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Potty Time

So we have started to dabble in potty training over the last few months. It hasn't been going that great, Alice goes potty at school but has little interest in it at home. Sigh. Yesterday was a fun little conversation I had with her regarding the subject:

Alice: 'I need to go poop.'
Mom: 'Why don't you go poop on the potty.'
Alice: 'I can't. Kyle is going poop on the potty.'
Mom: 'Umm, Kyle is right here'...I'm nursing him, not to mention he's only 2 months old.
Alice: 'Oh. Swiper the Fox is going poop on the potty.'
Mom: 'Well, you can use the potty after Swiper is done.'
Alice: 'No, Swiper going poop all day long.'

Drat! She got me, I don't have a good comeback for this one as I'm starting to laugh. Then enters Dad, I explain we've got a potential situation to get Alice to go poop on the potty. Tom goes to help...

Dad: 'Alice, did you already go poop?'....Yep.

Alice - 1 point for negotiation skills
Mom - 1 point for avoiding another poppy diaper, thanks Dad. :)

No comments: