Sunday, February 24, 2013

Shred the Gnar

The kids were in ski lessons all of January and February up at Bogus.  They improved a ton this year, i'm so excited to have this our family sporting/outing each winter.  Plus, I am super excited they will be better skiers than their mama.

Here are just a few stories from the past 8 weeks:
Week 1: Kyle walks out ready to ski, to turn around a head back to the 'Mouse House' to pee.  He had not learned the 'Pee before you Ski' rule yet.  At the end of the day, I go by to 'spy' on him and the Magic Carpet stops because he falls on it.
Week 2: Mom's skis get stolen!  Grrrrr!
Week 3: We are skiing and the temperature is 10 degrees!
Week 5: Kyle goes on one run and then tells the ski instructor: 'I have a wedding in Sun Valley that I need to rest for.'  Then proceeds to spend the next two hours by himself in the Mouse House. Sigh.
Week 8:  Kyle: 'Mom, I'm going to Shred the Gnar!'  Yes!
Week 1 - 8: Alice is AWESOME!  The girl in parallel turning and really enjoying herself.  She asked if she could invite her ski instructor to her birthday sleep over...I had to nicely explain it would be a little creepy to invite a 16 year old boy to a 6 year girly sleepover.  She still didn't get it, which was quite endearing.

Day 1: Kyle heading out the hill for the very frist time!


 
I just remembered I have this video...this was 3 days after Kyle's first ski lesson.  I thought I'd take him 'skiing' in a near by park to try and teach him 'pizza' with his skis.  Pretty sure it didn't help, but it was very entertaining.  And for the record, I was out of the breath from carrying Kyle up the hill 10+ times.  No chair lift at the park. :(
 

No comments: