Sunday, April 17, 2011

Robie Creek - Check

Two months ago, I somehow convinced myself and Dana to sign up for Robie Creek. It was going to be 'training' for the Sawtooth Relay this summer. I have heard about Robie Creek ever since I moved to Boise. It has the title of 'hardest half marathon in the NW'...and I now know why! It's a #$%#$%#$ of a run! 8.5 miles straight uphill, followed by 5 miles straight downhill. Dana and I have been training quite a bit for this, dedicating our Saturday am's for looong runs, with 3 mid week jogs the past 2 months. It's been challenging, yet very rewarding. Thank you Dana for motivating my booty up those hills the last few months, and congrats on rocking the Summit yesterday! I was dying and started walking, but watched Dana practically run up the whole thing (which is unheard of - except for our rock star friend Cori). Luckily Dana had to pee at the top, so I could catch up, and eat some 'goo' from our friends Jen & Clayton. :)







Getting 'psyched' for the race


A documentary film crew were following Cori, and we were interviewed (no idea why)



Yes! This is yet another reason why I LOVE Cori, she is a stud runner and she still has fun!



Go Cori Go! Cori was going for her 7th first place, yet decided to pass the torch to a young thing to win. She still came is 2nd which is pretty freaking AWESOME! She's my hero!!!!




Here we are at mile 2, still feeling strong!



YEAH! We are at the finish!!!!


Beers to celebrate!



This was the only 'fun' part of the race, hanging with my girls!


Well, we didn't place in our age groups, so Frank provided this as our trophy! Believe it or not, Dana and I polished off a magnum of Champagne to celebrate. Another feat we accomplished in one day!



No comments: