Monday, July 6, 2009

Road Trip: Destination Powell Butte

We went to visit my parents in Central Oregon, it was a great trip. The drive is 5.5 hours and the kids were awesome....we were both amazed at the serenity in the car. Guess that means the next trip is going to be dicey. There were lots of activities for Alice to do: feed the horses & ducks, visit the local carnival and play with lots of new toys.


I remember saying that I would never have a video player in the car, WHATEVER. I obviously said that before I had children. Alice caught up on a few videos of Dora along the way.


Mr. Kyle chilling in the back seat


Alice was becoming delirious towards the end of the car ride


Still happy despite not having a neck :)


Riding the Airplane with Mom


Homie Kyle sleeping through it all


Going down the slide with Dad, she was not too happy to discover you only got 1 slide for 1 ticket.


This is the diaper changing station at the carnival, nasty!


Making sure we are tall enough for the ride


Appears we have 1 more dog lover in the family...it's 3 against 1. We'll see if the kids wear down Dad.

There were soooo many ducks, it made me a little nervous...Alice was bitten only once. Ooops.

This was the duck that was Alice's friend until he bit her...she told him 'That's not very nice!'


Here we are throwing bird seed


This is what happens when you throw bird seed directly into the wind

Feeding the horses that live next door to Gramie and Bob Bob

Here is my Dad taking out the race car he is building for a spin

Sunset as were driving to my parents

1 comment:

Cody said...

great photos! I was hoping there would be some happy pics on your blog! thanks for making me smile. your comments are as funny as the photos! xoxo