Monday, October 11, 2010

My Dad is a Stud!

When I heard my Dad was going to build a race car, I didn't quite know what to expect. Then I heard him start talking about buying a parachute to slow down the car and a flame retardant suit he had to wear...what?!?!?!?! Then I heard 'Well, I'm hoping to go 150 mph.' Eeeks!

Well, I am proud to report that my Dad ran his car at Bonneville last week and he rocked it! He built this car from scratch and raced it 6 times and made it to 159.5 mph. AND I still have a Dad...no problems were reported. Yea!

Congrats Dad! I can't wait to come and watch next year!






1 comment:

tessa said...

wow that is awesome!!! i can't believe he built that thing from scratch. tell him congrats!
my uncle wally was very involved with racing at the bonneville flats. i have a picture of him taken in the 50's at bonneville that he signed for henry just a few months before he died. it's framed and hangs in his room.