Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Floors! The Floors!

So here is the story of our floors (that I'm sure most of you are SICK of hearing about).... We needed hardwoods:
1. Because we love hardwood
2. We have children and carpet + messy children = STAIN DISASTERS!

We had decided to put in new floors and began tearing out the carpet, only to find layers of linoleum, which led us to the original hardwoods. Basically, they looked like crap and I was all about new. Tom, on the other hand, was on a mission to save these suckers and enlisted a charge of people to convince me otherwise. So, Tom convinced me to save 'em, and all I can say is: Tom, you were right! They are gorgeous!!!!
Carpet...gotta go.
What was discovered underneath....
7 days of sanding by a Jesse Jackson and 2 days of finishing! I'm all about Jackson Flooring!
Entry way before...
and after!
Now onto to replacing the floor boards and paint.....

No comments: