Sunday, April 25, 2010

California Here We Come - Stop 1 Somis

We had a wonderful vacation in California this last week. We began by going to my hometown to visit Gigi Alice and Underwood crew. It was an action packed few days that we thoroughly enjoyed. Here are a few snapshots of our adventure:

Mr. Kyle charming Gigi Alice

Gigi Alice taking little Alice for a ride on her 'Cadillac'.
We headed to Tierra Rejada (which is run by my family) for fun rides and adventures for kids. It is a great place for families to visit, and I'm so impressed with all the things to do. Here we are on the Cow Train.

Kyle taking it all in on 'Flossie'
Getting ready to take off

Riding the Pony
Next we had a family BBQ at my Grama's house, and it began with everyone going in the blueberry fields for appetizers. :)

Yummy! I take for granted that my kids don't have the luxury to go out in the fields to pick/eat their fruit/veggies. I was a very lucky child growing up in Ventura County.

Kyle trying to walk through the field.

Watch out Luke, here comes the bat!

We were able to stop by where Tom and I got married, Hartley's Botanical Garden. It was a special treat to show the kids where we got hitched.
I LOVE this photo! This is where Tom and I stood when we said 'I Do'.
Wow, what a difference 6 years makes!

1 comment:

Crane Creek Racquettes said...

Amazing post, Laura. Your family is so beautiful!